The holiday season is upon us. It’s time for gift giving, traveling, parties, baking cookies, hanging decorations, etc. One thing homeowners often forget…PROTECTING THEIR HOME FROM FIRE DAMAGE.
Tree Fire Prevention and Safety:
Keep trees securely upright. Fallen decorated trees are one of the common causes for fires during the holiday season. All natural trees should be well watered. If you have purchased an artificial tree, please make sure it is labeled “fire retardant”. Make sure you have a timer on the tree. Unplug the tree lights before leaving your home or before going to bed.
Holiday Lighting and Fire Safety:
Unplug any lighting, indoor and out, before going to bed. Never leave any candles unattended. It only takes a moment to light and blowout a candle. It also only takes a moment for a spark from a candle to turn into a big fire. Do not run electrical wires under rugs.
Additional Fire Safety Warnings:
Keep all items three-feet away from radiators, baseboard heaters, and space heaters.
Keep a list of emergency contacts handy, including the number for your home or renter’s insurance company and a fire restoration specialist should the unthinkable happen.
Make sure all fire, smoke, and carbon monoxide detectors in your home are in good working condition. Replace dead batteries. Replace any alarms that are over 10-years-old. Install a fire alarm on every level of your home and one outside of every bedroom door.
Fires are always unexpected, and homeowners often feel devastated afterwards. Depending on the severity of the fire, Savage Restoration will arrange for emergency board-up services, emergency winterization, restoring electricity, textile restoration, duct cleaning, and most important get your insureds’ home back to its pre-loss condition.
Savage Restoration is dedicated to helping you get your property back to a pre-loss condition. Whether it be WATER, FIRE, MOLD or BIOHAZARD property damage we are “There When You Need Us”.